Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCO)
SENDCo Mrs Rachel Hine (Monday & Wednesday)
- Link to our SEN Policy
- The Huntspill Primary SEN Information Report 2022
- Accessibility Plan
- Local Offer -Somerset Choices
Support for Parents and Carers of Children with SEND
Somerset SENDIAS can give children, young people and their parent carers information, advice and support about SEND. This can include information on Education, Health and Care (EHC) Needs Assessments and Plans.
The service is free, confidential and impartial.
Somerset SENDIAS offers:
- a phone helpline and email support
- individual support to help with issues on SEND
- information, advice and support on SEND law through the Somerset SENDIAS website and leaflets
- Information, advice and support for mediation and SEND tribunals
- information on SEND groups available in Somerset
- information on Somerset’s Local Offer
- signposting to other services
SENDIAS aims to encourage children, young people and their parent carers to be part of decision making to improve education, health and care outcomes.
Somerset Parent Carer Forum is an independent not for profit Community Interest Company formed by parent carers in 2016. The forum feels passionately about ensuring all our children have the best chance in life and receive the correct support and services in order to achieve their full potential.
Somerset Parent Carer Forum - CLICK LINK
Somerset County Council (SCC) and NHS Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) have written a letter to all parents of pupils with Special Educational Needs outlining their statement of actions following their recent OFSTED and CQC inspection in the spring term. Click here to read it. A copy has also been sent home with your child.